you're reading...
Disney, Food, Hong Kong

Vegetarian Dining at Hong Kong Disneyland

As a vegetarian, you won’t go hungry at Hong Kong Disneyland. I believe there is at least one vegetarian option on every menu – and its interesting food, not just a token veggie burger. US Disney parks could get some tips here.

Of the 3 meals we had at HK Disneyland, they were the best theme park food I had ever had! Tasty, filling and delicious.

We ate at the quick service places, and meals were around $HK100 including a soft drink and usually a small side dish. This is approximately $NZ15 or $US12.50.

I saw a number of families ordering extras to go with a meal – such as getting a curry platter and ordering extra white rice to go with it. This would bring the cost down significantly per person if you are on a tight budget.

Black Lentil Combo from the Tahitian Terrace in Adventureland

Black Lentil Combo from the Tahitian Terrace in Adventureland – this was one of two vegetarian Indian platter combos available. This one had Daal Makhani, Aloo Mutter and Palak Paneer. It came with basmati rice, roti, pappadum and a soft drink.

Vegetable Tempura Udon from Festival of Foods in Fantasyland

Vegetable Tempura Udon from Festival of Foods in Fantasyland – I asked if this was vegetarian and was assured it was. It came with watermelon slices and a soft drink.

Grilled Vegetable Skewers from Festival of Foods in Fantasyland

Grilled Vegetable Skewers from Festival of Foods in Fantasyland – devoured at high speed and annouced as being delicious by Mum.  She even disassemble one of the skewers before I could snap a photo.

Braised Mushrooms, Bean Curds and Marrow Cucumbers with Rice from Comet Cafe in Tomorrowland – came with sweet pickled vegetables and a soft drink. I saw this on a couple of menus and was by far the best meal I had the entire trip!

NON-VEGETARIAN - Chicken Fried Rice with Shrimp and Conpoy from Comet Cafe in Tomorrowland

NON-VEGETARIAN – Chicken Fried Rice with Shrimp and Conpoy from Comet Cafe in Tomorrowland – the token non-vegetarian dish on this page (which Mum had)

Photos of the menu’s at Hong Kong Disneyland will be coming up in the next few days so be sure to check back soon.

Advertisements

About The Sock Mistress

Slight fixation with socks. At last count, I had enough pairs of socks to last 14 weeks without having repeat a pair. IT geek by profession. Disney nut. 3rd world loan shark (http://Kiva.org ). Finds humour in the inappropriate. Holiday planner extraordinaire. Mum to doglets. Crazy Dachshund lady.

Discussion

13 thoughts on “Vegetarian Dining at Hong Kong Disneyland

1. I’m glad to hear if I ever make it there, I won’t go hungry 🙂

Posted by ddominikwickles | May 10, 2014, 11:58 pm
  2. This is so cool! I will remember this. I want to teach English in Hong Kong when my kids get bigger, so I will need the help.

Posted by doriandean | May 11, 2014, 1:46 am
  3. Those meals all look delicious! I’m not a vegetarian but I’m not a big meat eater, either, so this is good knowledge to have for my upcoming trip! 🙂

Posted by Umbrielle | May 11, 2014, 4:29 am
    • Sometimes on holiday even if you aren’t vegetarian, it’s good to make a healthy choice. I am all for splurging while on holiday but I love my veggies too.

Posted by The Sock Mistress | May 11, 2014, 8:00 am
      • Yeah, definitely. I’m quite fussy with meat, too, like I can’t eat anything with bones/skins on and in HK the meat is like that a lot, so.. veggie is normally how I go while I’m there!

Posted by Umbrielle | May 11, 2014, 8:06 am
  4. I am pretty sure it’s the only Disney Park with chicken feet on the menu lol

Posted by The Sock Mistress | May 11, 2014, 8:12 am
  5. Was so worried I would go hungry until I saw your page, thanks so much for posting! ❤

Posted by Trish W | June 24, 2014, 9:55 pm
  6. Thanks for this post. Well, I’m bringing children so actually hope they can provide more vegetarian option in the park.
    Thanks anyway.

Posted by Swee Kian | April 1, 2016, 3:47 pm

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: China Pavilion at Epcot | 14 Weeks Worth of Socks - December 4, 2015

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Join 2,427 other followers

Winnie is beside herself with excitement over meeting her new Grandad for the first time today #dog #dachshund .
#dachshundsofinstagram #dogsofinsta #cute #sleep #sleepy #dogs My beautiful girl Winnie ❤️ #dog #dachshund .
#dachshundsofinstagram #dogsofinstagram #sausagedog #wienerdog #doglet #cute #love Doesn't Winnie look lovely in her pretty new collar - I couldn't resist the pink flamingo bow #dog #dachshund .
#dogsofinsta #dachshundsofinstagram #Winnie #cute #pretty #sausagedog #wienerdog Love ❤️ her and her silvery muzzle #dog #dachshundsofinstagram .
#dogsofinsta #dachshund #doglet #olddog #love #cute #sweet @dachshundsofinstagram Winnie enjoying a sleep in this morning before going to the v-e-t (annual vaccinations)  #sausagedog #dachshundsofinstagram .
#dog #dogsofinsta #dachshund #sleep #weekend #saturday @dachshundsinparadise When you want to sit on your human and the bed too #dogs #dachshundsofinstagram .
@dachshundsinparadise #dog #dogsofinsta #dachshundsofinstagram #cute #sleep #winnie As they say "let sleeping dogs lie" - not sure if they meant on the spare bed, but it seems to work for them #dogs #dachshunds
#dog #dachshund #dachshundsofinstagram #dogsofinsta #sausagedog #sleep #bed #cute #pet We would like to announce the arrival of Winnie to the household #dog #dachshund @dachshundsinparadise .
#dogsofinsta #dogsofinstagram #dachshundsofinstagram #doglet #love #cute #sausagedog