This is the last in my series about Disney Cruise Line food (for now at least). Don’t forget to check out my other posts about Desserts, Sweets and chocolate, Vegetarian Dining, Sundaes and Creme Brûlées and Sweet Temptations Desserts. Don’t ask me why they are mostly about desserts – that would be a stupid question.
Onto the Soups and Salads. If you are vegetarian, take care when ordering the soups as often they contain stock with animal content, it should be marked on the menu in the main dining room if its vegetarian. I’ve found the soups I’ve had to be excellent, I’ve haven’t tried one I not liked yet.
For the salad’s I’m often underwhelmed. I prefer a more substantial salad and most of these appear more like garnish to me.
Examples of soups from recent menus as follows –
- French Onion Soup – With Gruyère Cheese Crouton
- Tomato and Basil Soup – Rich blend of Tomatoes, fresh Basil, and Cream
- The Comtesse Du Barry’s Soup – Rich Velvety Cauliflower Cream, topped with Salmon Caviar Croutons
- Duck Consommé – With Julienne of Carrots, Napa Cabbages and Shiitake Mushrooms
- Curried Carrot and Apple Soup – Garnished with Yogurt Drizzle and Carrot Curls
- Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup – With Bacon Bits and Chives
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup – Garnished with Chives and drizzled with Sour Cream
Examples of salads from recent menus as follows –
- Avocado – Citrus Salad – With Iceberg and Radicchio Leaves and an Orange Vinaigrette
- Market Green Salad – Cherry Tomato, Cucumbers, Peppered Goat Cheese, and a Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Romaine Wedge – Fresh Crisp Romaine topped with a Creamy Romano Dressing and Homemade Spiced Croutons
- Baby Spinach Salad – Tender Spinach tossed with fresh sliced Seasonal Pears, Toasted Pine Nuts and Crumbled Gorgonzola
- Vine Ripe Tomato Salad -With Bell Peppers and Red Onion Brunoise topped with Micro Greens and an Herb Dressing
- Curly Endive, Arugula and Watercress Salad – Sliced Peaches and toasted Almonds tossed in a Sherry Vinaigrette
And below, photos of some of the soups and salad’s we’ve tried.