One of the things I love most about Disney Cruise Line is the lunch buffet dessert selections. Towards the bottom of this post are two photos with blue rimmed plates – these are from the lunch buffet. OMG, this is dessert heaven! The little tartlets on the Alaska cruise we did were amazing, so good they were inhaled at high speed prior to a camera getting near them. We also would often take a plate of little yummy things for later to sit on our balcony and have for afternoon tea… yes its amazing we could actually waddle off the ship at the end.
The rest of the photos are from the main dining room desserts. Each night you can choose from the dessert menu the Sweet Temptations which is a sampling of 3 small items, an Ice Cream Sundae or a selection of 3-4 other dessrts. They also offer 2 no sugar added desserts and for those with other dietary restrictions vegan soya icecream or rice milk based ice creams can sometimes be available upon request.
Examples from recent menus are –
- Steamed Lemon Buttermilk Pudding – With Citrus Reduction
- Esterhazy Cake – Almond Meringue soaked in Maraschino Liqueur and layered Pastry Cream
- “Sacher” Chocolate Torte – With Apricot Sauce
- Crème Brûlée – with Seasonal Berries
- Brioche and Pannetone Pudding – With Toffee Sauce
- Grand Marnier Soufflé – With Vanilla Sauce
- Chocolate Mousse – With Brandy-marinated Cherries
No Sugar Added Dessert’s
- Strawberry Cheesecake – With Whipped Cream and Fruit Coulis
- Silky Dark Chocolate Mousse – With Whipped Cream and Berries
- Seasonal Fruits – With Sugar-free Cookies
- Chocolate Cheesecake – With Whipped Topping
- Assorted Sugar-free Ice Cream