Following on from last week’s post about Movies to see before you visit Disneyland, if you planning a trip to the Disneyland Resort and plan on visiting Disney California Adventure theme park, there are a number of movies I’d recommend seeing before you go. This will give you a much better understanding of what you are seeing when riding attractions and watching shows.
As before, please check the ratings on some of the movies if your children are very small.
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage, watch some of the Disney Junior TV shows. However if you are travelling with this demographic you know more about them than you ever wanted.
- Muppet*Vision 3D, watch any of the Muppets movies or TV shows. I particularly loved The Muppets from 2011.
- Turtle Talk with Crush, watch Finding Nemo
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!, watch Monsters Inc.
- Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular, watch Aladdin
A Bug’s Land
- For all attractions including It’s Tough to be a Bug, watch A Bug’s Life. You may also like to check my previous blog post about A Bug’s Land.
- For all attractions watch Cars. Again, you may like to check my previous blog post about Cars Land.
- Toy Story Midway Mania, watch Toy Story
- The Little Mermaid, Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, watch The Little Mermaid (also for King Triton’s Carousel)
- For other attractions watch some of the old Mickey Mouse and pals cartoons featuring Mickey & Goofy
If you have time, I also recommend watching these movies as the characters and themes are in locations around the park.
- Brother Bear
World of Color is the nighttime lagoon show and its amazing. However the list of movie scenes used in the show is extensive so you’d have to watch pretty much every animated movie Disney has ever made. Also they occasionally change it and it will be changing for the 60th celebrations starting in May.
You likely will visit both parks so please do ensure you do check out the Disneyland list.
Also remember if you are a New Zealander or Australian traveling to Disneyland, check out my post about cheap tickets for our part of the world.
Also be sure to check out previous posts about Disney and as I will have a lot more coming up in the next few months about Disneyland, make sure you follow me.